Saturday, October 30, 2010

got magic?


Sorry kids, my new life, (which is actually my old life), really kicked my ass the past two weeks.
I have no idea what's going on, I haven't paid bills, washed my hair, done my laundry, checked emails or face book, watched the news, read any blogs, books or news papers, cuddled with W and the poodle or even looked at pictures of baby animals.....
most importantly I have not figured out my Halloween Costume yet....

Last week, my entire life was dedicated to the promotion of Target. I facilitated some titillating, visually stimulating marketing tools for the holiday season. OK none of it was really amazing, or stimulating, but I spent a good part of the week pulling a collection of vintage 1930's wardrobe for 30 people, a Santa Claus ensemble, I got to dress some elves, and I got to see live reindeer up close.
Which are cute, but since they could impale you at any given moment, are simultaneously kind of scary.

Mercado has been carefully dissected into many parts, some are available on craigs-list for purchase (sigh), most are available at Mercado's on line web store (hallelujah!!!), and some of it is in storage, (patiently waiting it's next incarnation.)  Yesterday as I was sweeping up, I was saddened by the emptiness of the space......
However I quickly realized what made the store special was W and I.....along with Pepe, all of our customers, the merchandise we chose, and the energy we applied to selling it, the music, the scents, our voices. Bittersweet as it all is, I am happy knowing our magic goes where we go.
Related Posts with Thumbnails